Feb 14, 2011

"There is Sunshine in My Soul Today"

Oh, the beautiful sunshine! We've had 4 glorious days of sunshine all in a row.  This has been such a dreary cold winter that the sun seems such a blessing.  Even when the temps are still cool, it feels so much better when the sun shines. And each day is warmer than the one before. We have actually had no heat running today and the doors open for a while .
 At church Sunday, Hubby even lead the hymn, "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today!"  How appropriate!?!
"There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light,
o there's sunshine blessed sunshine
While the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face,
There is sunshine in my soul."

I also like "Heavenly Sunlight". 
"Walking in sunlight, all of my journey,...
Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Floodingmy soul with glory divine."

It it any wonder that the song writers compare our Joy in Jesus as Saviour to Sunshine or our journey as a Christian to "walking in Sunlight"?
Whether it is physical Sunlight or spiritual Sonlight, what joy to have it!!!

Hubby knows I like yellow roses best and got me a bouquet of them for Valentine's Day.
They are brightening my office and adding a little spot of sunshine to my indoor space.
I want to share this collage of them with you.

Our Scavenger Hunt at Ecater Store Network this week is also Sunshine. Bright  yellow things always seem like a spot of sunlight even on a dreary day, so I decided to look for sunshine yellow objects.
Here's a few items I found.
Beautiful Sunshine Yellow Dishes
available at CarolinaBlueLady
Vintage Shawnee Ashtray in Yellow Brown
available at ComycGyrl Collectibles
Beautiful Hawaiian Print Shirt is one of several
at
Eccentric Thrifter

Unusual Yellow Vinyl Record  available at 
Bargain Express

You can shop for more yellow items to put more sunshine into your world at ESN. 






No comments:

Post a Comment