Nov 19, 2011

In The Kitchen Again

Seems I'm pretty slow at everything this week.  The ESN scavenger hunt this week is Home Cooking.
I love to cook and I look forward to the cooler weather so I can  fix a big pot of beans, soup, or stew. A home made chicken pot pie or dumplings is also good for winter Sunday dinners.  And, we like a big bowl of spaghetti with tomato and meat sauce any time. In fact, I will probably be making spaghetti today.  I sort of cheat on the spaghetti sauce by using canned sauce that I get at Market Basket for $1.00 each when they are on sale, but I don't just brown the meat, which is usually ground turkey which I also get for $1.00/lb. on sale at Market Basket, I add chopped onions and bell peppers, celery if any is on hand, canned or frozen tomatoes, herbs and spices.  You might say the canned sauce is only the base for my spaghetti sauce. When it comes time to serve these yummy cold weather treats, we have some soup plates that are about all that is left from the huge set of dishes that I had for my "hope chest" way back in high school.  We use them almost daily and especially for soups, spaghetti, beans, and such.  Having a somewhat flat bowl seems to allow the food to cool better and still give you the function of a bowl for holding soupy foods.

This week I pulled out some Mikasa dishes to list, and there were 8 soup plates included.  This is a really elegant pattern of china. It is Ivory China and is pattern 2802, Belair.  It would be a nice addition to any table.      Plus, just having the soup plates would be nice.  I only realized in the past few years just how much we used the soup plates and how handy they actually are.  Since there are only 3 left of my original set of eight, we must have used them more than I realized through the years.
Your can see and buy these beautiful and functional bowls Here.

You can see our other Mikasa dishes and more Here.

Here's Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of good food and an enjoyable time with family and friends.  We all have so much to be thankful for.
Remember to Shop for all your holiday needs on ESN.

No comments:

Post a Comment