Nov 23, 2010

T.H.A.N.K.S.


Thanksgiving is fast approaching.  In fact, my sweet potatoes are cooking now, so I can make my pies tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be a very busy day with all the preparations for the "feast" on Thursday.  We all know we should be thankful each and every day, but this time of year we all make a point of "counting our blessings" and they are many.  I recently came across this Thanksgiving Prayer and want to share it with you.

Also I am taking this time to catch up on the ESN scavenger hunt for this week which is T.H.A.N.K.S. The idea is to find an item in the ecrater stores that begins with each letter of the word THANKS.  This should be an interesting search. Here goes.

For "T" since I love to cook and am in my element this week cooking a big meal. I chose:
The Taste of Home Cookbook from Mystery Lane Books

For "H" I chose a beautiful, fun Hat.
This custom embroidered hat is from Embroidery Fashions Boutique

For "A" since I am anticipating putting up my Christmas tree and decorating this weekend, I chose:

This angel with Red Poinsetta robe from Pence's Christmas Tree Farm


Back to the Butterfly theme, I chose a Necklace for  "N".
A Beautiful Gold tone Butterfly Necklace from Elisia

 For "K", it naturally back to the Kitchen.  For those of you who are "crafty" and like to make things. 


Kitchen Decor to Crochet by Lil Bit of This n That

And for  "S" I found this Silver-plated Holiday  cheese Spreader.  How cool is that for the up-coming holiday parties and get-togethers?
 
Silver Plated Cheese Spreader from My Book Barn
And this completes my THANKS scavenger hunt. Wishing all a happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to be thankful for. Look for the small blessings each day.

2 comments:

  1. Nice selection of items! Love how you tie them in to Thanksgiving and the holidays!

    ReplyDelete