Jun 25, 2012

How Much is That Doggie...

Pin ItESN scavenger hunt this week is for"Puppies".
The only "puppy" in my store, Hazel's HodgePodge, right now is this  stylized Basset Hound figurine. Don"t you love his soulful eyes?  
Check out this adorable pooch HERE!
I did enough research to find that a basset hound has a superb sense of smell, second only to a blood hound, and the word basset means "rather low". Bass meaning low.

Some dog lover, and/or hound fancier should like to have this cutie.

I have always been partial to collies, but we've also had an Irish Setter, a Beagle, and several other really neat dogs. I know there are fanciers of every breed of dog.

The nose on this figurine reminds me of a picture we have of my son with his Irish Setter way back when. You look at it and say "Like Master, like Dog".  

Also thinking about our dog's names.  You can bet the Irish Setter was called "Red".  We got a collie pup when the kids were small.  Even though "Dad" and I wanted another name, you guessed it, she was "Lassie."



Now when we see a doggie at a garage sale, Hubby likes to sing, "How much is that doggie in the window"?

3 comments:

  1. Your post is sweet. Made me think of the first dog, our son had. He named him Kindrachuck after a 1973 Philadelphia Ice hockey player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And I love that figurine, it is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Great for a collector!

    ReplyDelete