Jul 12, 2011

New Additions to Hazel's HodgePodge: Bavarian China Platters

This week instead of scavenger hunting on ESN, we are featuring some of our own items.
Summer garage sales are generally disappointing and hardly seem worth the time and gas to go these days. But this past weekend, I came across some Bavarian China Platters that made the day worthwhile. These are my FEATURED ITEMS and some of my newest additions to Hazel's HodgePodge.
Two are Thomas Ivory Platters 07206 US Zone.
  One Thomas platter is 15.5 inches long and I think the other is 13 inches long.  Except for a little grazing where they have been stacked, these are in perfect condition.  07206 is a pretty blue iris pattern.

Smaller Thomas Ivory Platter. See it HERE.

Large Thomas Ivory Platter
See it HERE
Some Research revealed that US Zone items were made during
the US occupation of Bavaria and date from 1945 to 1949.


 The other is a Heinrich & Co. or H & C platter in the Songbird pattern.
I have found one piece of the H & C songbird china which claims it dates from the 1920's.  I haven't found how long it was made, but this piece appears old also.  There is only minimal wear or gaps in the gold trim and again some grazing on this 16 inch platter.  There are no chips, cracks, or crazing.
See more details HERE.
Even the back looks good!
What a Pretty Songbird? 
I found a lot of info about Bavarian China here on eHow. I had always heard of Bavarian China, but never knew what made it special.

3 comments:

  1. What great finds! I need to go yard saling with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Platters! I love seeing your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo pretty! I love pretty glass :D

    ReplyDelete