Jul 3, 2011

The Red, White, and Blue: Independence, Freedom, and Justice for All.

The ESN scavenger hunt this week centers around Red, White, and Blue.  In honor of July 4, Independence Day, I decided instead of looking for actual Red, White, and Blue colored objects, I would make my search for things having to do with Independence, Freedom, and our American History and Heritage.

Here are a few items that I found.



Reminding us that Freedom isn't free.
A Disabled Vets Commemorative Coin from Bargain Express.

Recalling Our Fight for Independence and American History.
Paul Revere Bell Decanter
An Avon Collectible from Carolina Blue Lady.
A flag to wave and show our patriotism on July 4.
Let Freedom Ring Banner Flag from Eccentric Thrifter
Again reminding us what it takes to maintain our Freedom.
Freedom lies in Being Bold from Walls that Talk.

Hope everyone has a Great 4th of July and reflects on our nation's Independence.  We are just trying to stay cool here with the record heat for these parts.  We  have enjoyed some good meals this weekend in the company of some extended family. I will miss seeing fireworks this year due to the drought, but we do have a watermelon chilling to cut and enjoy on the 4th. 


4 comments:

  1. Very nice and reflective post, Hazel. We live in the best country in the world. I have a watermellon in the fridge, too. Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Hazel! Perfect reading for the day! Thanks for using my flag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful reminder of what we are celebrating on this July 4th - thank you for including my commemorative coin :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme and you tied it all in so well! Thanks for including our Wall quote.

    ReplyDelete